Liberal Violence/Hate against Conservatives
Excellent article!!! Very well said!
Hate and Violence From the Left; It’s Not Right
How much longer can the Democratic Party, the mainstream media and other leftists successfully maintain the ruse that intolerance, hatred and the propensity for violence mainly come from the right in this country? The lie is getting old.
The left’s ideas continue to fail in the real world, and the majority of the people reject them, which is why their proponents so often disguise their true intentions. Partially because they can’t prevail on a level playing field, they use whatever means they can to advance their agenda. One of those means is to pre-emptively strike their political opponents by falsely condemning them for behavior that they — leftists — actually engage in. It’s called “projection.”
Thus, intolerant, dogmatic leftists paint the right as reality-challenged and science-averse, when leftists are the ones who refuse to allow any contradictory evidence to penetrate their blinders about alleged catastrophic man-made global warming. They insist on continuing to deficit spend our nation into bankruptcy on the rationale that such reckless spending is the only recipe for stimulating an economy, despite dispositive historical and recent evidence proving otherwise.
Instead of joining Republicans in good faith to radically curb this spending, they accuse Republicans of “Draconian” cuts. Fully aware that runaway entitlement spending is guaranteed to bankrupt us eventually — even if we do get a handle on discretionary expenditures — they refuse seriously to address entitlement reform. They choose to exploit the issue as a political weapon to scare seniors and other entitlement beneficiaries.
But one of the worst examples of leftists’ projection is their depiction of conservatives as hateful, violent Neanderthals whose mere participation in the marketplace of ideas and the democratic process is inherently dangerous.
If I’m overstating the case, it’s not by much. Consider that Bill Clinton, with no basis in reality, slandered and scapegoated conservative talk radio for the Oklahoma City bombing; that Obama’s Department of Homeland Security issued a report suggesting that tea party protesters are potential domestic terrorists; that the left uniformly rushed to judgment in indicting conservatives, including Sarah Palin, for the Arizona shootings and persisted with the charge even after it was abundantly clear that it was factually erroneous; and that the left continues to equate conservative talk with hate speech that will lead to violence and advocates selectively suppressing conservative speech through such insidious means as the Fairness Doctrine.
President Obama himself characterized small-town Midwesterners (read: conservatives) as bitter clingers who hold on to their guns, religion and antipathy for people who aren’t like them. There was no mistaking his implication that mostly white Christians from small Midwestern towns who embrace the Second Amendment are angry, bitter, violent, backward and racist. It is surprising that he was careless enough, even in an unscripted moment, to reveal those dark thoughts, but it was hardly surprising that he in fact has those thoughts. For leftists habitually portray conservatives as angry, mean-spirited, close-minded and violent.
Most Americans realize just how wickedly inaccurate these smears are. Tea party protesters, to be sure, are righteously indignant about the government’s abuse of powers, its defiance of the rule of law, its trampling on the Constitution and, most of all, its reckless spending. But they are invariably peaceful, reasonable and restrained in their decorum. Unlike many leftist protesters, they even clean up after themselves. They are not racists and do not engage in violent behavior. The only racism or violence that surfaces at tea party rallies is that fabricated or fomented by opportunistic leftists.
Those same leftists, meanwhile, often do engage in the very type of behavior they condemn. We are seeing that in spades in the Wisconsin union protests. Talk about hate — and violence!
Where are the leftist media to call out the thugs who assaulted Fox News national reporter Mike Tobin in Madison on Saturday night? Where are their reports about the alleged involvement of international socialists in similar protests, such as the rallies to “save the American dream”? Why didn’t they report on the calls by union thugs for blood in the streets? And where are their fair and balanced reports that even after Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed cuts, the Wisconsin state workers would do much better than private-sector and even federal workers?
The political left has increasingly shown its ugly face since Democrats won both political branches of the federal government in 2008, and they show no signs of pulling back, despite growing popular resistance from the American people. Their arrogance, extremism and brutality should be their undoing.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 3 so far )
Once again we see the hypocrisy of the left. They say the Tea Partiers are hateful and dangerous, but have nothing to back up their claim. However, we are constanatly hearing liberals say horrible things like this and the MSM doesn’t bat an eye.
John Cusack Calls for ‘Satanic Death’ of Fox News, GOP Leaders
By Jo Piazza
Published August 31, 2010
Actor John Cusack went on a caustic Twitter rampage Sunday evening, attacking former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Fox News.
“I AM FOR A SATANIC DEATH CULT CENTER AT FOX NEWS HQ AND OUTSIDE THE OFFICES ORDICK ARMEYAND NEWT GINGRICH-and all the GOP WELFARE FREAKS,” Cusack tweeted.
Cusack has long been outspoken about politics. He supported Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election and has contributed to The Huffington Post, but this is the first known time he has stooped to the level of making threats.
And while the U.S. Constitution protects Cusack’s right to speak his mind, some critics say he should be more careful about what he says, since he has more than 200,000 Twitter followers.
“His provocative tweets could easily incite a rabid fan to commit violent acts against Fox News Headquarters and others he names,” said Dr. Carole Lieberman, a Beverly Hills-based psychiatrist and author of “Coping With Terrorism: Dreams Interrupted.”
“Fans could not only be influenced because of their devotion to Cusack, the man, but also because of their love for one of the characters he plays,” she told Fox411.
Cooper Lawrence, the author of “Cult of Celebrity” told Fox 411: “The fear isn’t that a celebrity will influence someone to do something violent or out of character due to the sheer devotion to the celebrity, the fear is that someone who is already vulnerable, mentally disturbed, already considering something dangerous, may be encouraged to do so if it is advocated by their favorite star,”
Lawrence explained that while celebrities don’t make healthy people do things they wouldn’t normally do, they could impact someone who is on the fence or mentally unstable.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 3 so far )
Yep, those Democrats sure are the loving party, aren’t they??? If we just disagree with them they call us mean, but they can get by with saying hateful stuff like this?? Sickening!
N.H. Democrat under fire for reportedly saying Sarah Palin should have crashed with Ted Stevens
BY MEENA HARTENSTEIN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
A New Hampshire Democrat is under fire after reportedly posting a public death wish for Sarah Palin.
Keith Halloran, a Democratic candidate for state representative in New Hampshire, took a swipe at Palin on Facebook after former Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens died in a plane crash on Monday.
“Just wish Sarah and Levy were on board,” Halloran wrote, apparently taking aim at the former Alaska Gov. and her daughter’s ex-fiancée, Levi Johnston.
The New Hampshire Republican party quickly fired back with a statement “denouncing” the posting.
“Mr. Halloran’s outrageous comments are a new low, even by the standards of the New Hampshire Democrat Party,” a spokesman for the party said in the statement.
“His publicly stated death wish for Governor Palin and her family is abhorrent, and has no place in our public discourse.”
The New Hampshire GOP is rallying supporters to call New Hampshire Governor John Lynch and Congressional Candidate Ann McLane McLuter and ask them to “immediately denounce Mr. Halloran’s hateful remarks and demand that he personally apologize to the Palin family.”
Halloran, meanwhile, has refused to confirm he wrote the message.
“It’s just a tempest in their Tea Pot,” he told The Associated Press.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )
I am so sick of hearing the MSM and the left LIE about conservative ‘violence’ and ‘hatred’. They LIE, LIE, LIE about us and then cover for their own side!! The left is much more prone to violence and hatred than the right, but the MSM tries to keep it quiet. So I decided to remind people of what the left has done and what they are capable of. Thanks to patriotsflag.com for the list.
Violence against Republicans – Short list
Posted at patriotsflag.com
Historical note: Republican presidents who were assassinated: Lincoln: Garfield, McKinley
• September 5, 1975: President Gerald Ford survives assassination attempt in Sacramento. (“Squeaky” Fromme)
• September 22, 1975: President Gerald Ford survives assassination attempt in San Francisco. (Sarah Jane Moore)
• March 30, 1981: Just 69 days into his presidency, there was an assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan. President Reagan and three others were shot, one of them crippled for life. President Reagan’s lung was punctured.
• January 19, 2001: When the Clintonistas left the White House, they threw paint on the walls, ripped all the W’s off the computer keyboards, trashed the Executive Wing. The Clintons moved a bunch of furniture and silver out of the White House. Mr. Bush chose not to press charges.
• March 21, 2003: GOP Headquarters in Madison hit with bricks, paint bombs Journal Sentinel
• In 2004, Republicans were subject to an aggressive and sometimes violent campaign of harassment and intimidation orchestrated by Kerry supporters. At least three Bush-Cheney offices were shot at during the election season. A swastika was burned into the front yard of a Bush-Cheney supporter in Madison, Wisconsin. Other incidents included offices burglarized, windows smashed, tires slashed and other property damage. The following is a timeline of documented election-related violence and intimidation against the Bush-Cheney ‘04 campaign and Republicans in 2004.
• September 2, 2004: Gun Shot Fired Into Huntington, WV, Republican Headquarters.
• September 3, 2004: Windows Broken, Anti-Bush Messages Scrawled At Gallatin County, MT, Republican Headquarters.
• September 2004: John Kerry supporters and other liberals/Democrats take to the streets of NYC destroying property, beating a NYC detective into a state of unconsciousness and harassing/threatening attendees during the 2004 GOP convention in NYC
• September 6, 2004: Huntington, WV, Republican Headquarters Egged.
• September 13, 2004: Swastika Drawn On Duluth, MN, Resident’s Lawn, Signs Also Defaced With Words “Nazi” And “Liar.”
• September 16, 2004: Community College Professor In Florida Punched Republican County Chairman In Face.
• September 22, 2004: West Elmira, NY, Resident Found Swastika Drawn On Bush Campaign Sign In His Yard.
• September 23, 2004: Office Ransacked During Break-In At Vilas County, WI, Republican Headquarters, Obscene Words And Graphic Pictures Sprayed On Campaign Signs.
• September 26, 2004: Windows Smashed And Signs Stolen At Oxford, MS, Bush-Cheney ‘04 Headquarters.
• October 1, 2004: Laptops Of Executive And Field Director Stolen From Bush-Cheney ‘04 Headquarters In Seattle, WA.
• October 1, 2004: Swastika Burned Into Front Yard Of Bush-Cheney ‘04 Supporter In Madison, WI.
• October 2, 2004: Collinsville, OH, Resident Chains Down Bush-Cheney ‘04 Signs After Several Signs Stolen And One Was Replaced With Kerry Sign.
• October 3, 2004: Burglary At Thousand Oaks, CA, Victory 2004 Headquarters Where Bush-Cheney ‘04 Banner Was Stolen From Outside Premises.
• October 5, 2004: Gun Shots Fired Into Knoxville, TN, Bush-Cheney ‘04 Office, Shattering Office’s Glass Front Doors.
• October 5, 2004: AFL-CIO ACTIVISTS RANSACK BUSH HEADQUARTERS IN ORLANDO, The Orlando Sentinel . . . part of 20 coordinated union attacks across U.S.
• October 8, 2004: Two Men Were Caught On A Hidden Camera Tearing Down And Urinating On Bush-Cheney ‘04 Sign In Akron, OH.
• October 9, 2004: Oxnard, CA, Supporter Placing Bush-Cheney ‘04 In Yards Verbally Abused, Knocked Down And Had Signs Stolen.
• October 9, 2004: Bush-Cheney Signs Near Vail, CO, Cut In Half And Burned In “Ransacking.”
• October 10, 2004: Office Windows Broken And Field Director’s Laptop Bag and Purse Stolen In Burglary At Canton, OH, Victory Office.
• October 11, 2004: Windows Broken, Petty Cash Stolen And Computers Tampered With In Burglary At Spokane, WA, Victory 2004 Headquarters.
• October 13, 2004: Walls And Windows Of York, PA, Victory 2004 Headquarters Vandalized With Pro-Kerry Spray-Paint And Signs Outside Destroyed.
• October 13, 2004: Window Smashed At Laconia, NH, Victory 2004 Headquarters.
• October 13, 2004: Kerry Supporter Caught Stealing Bush Sign In Cape Girardeau, MO, Pulled Knife On Sign’s Owner And Was Arrested.
• October 15, 2004: Someone Destroyed Large Plywood Bush-Cheney ‘04 Sign, Then Tried To Smash Debris Though Glass Door Of Santa Fe, NM, Republican Party Headquarters.
• October 15, 2004: Someone Lined Window Sill With Bullet Casings At Littleton, NH, Republican Headquarters.
• October 16, 2004: Unknown Suspects Vandalized Large Bush-Cheney Campaign Sign In Hollister, CA, With Obscenities.
• October 17, 2004: Stickers Placed Over Windows Of Gettysburg, PA, Victory 2004 Headquarters.
• October 18, 2004: Eggs Thrown At Keene, NH, Victory 2004 Headquarters.
• October 18, 2004: 21 Protesters Arrested At Bush-Cheney ‘04 Campaign Headquarters In Arlington, VA.
• October 20, 2004: Rocks Thrown Through Windows At Multnomah County, OR, Republican Party Headquarters.
• October 21, 2004: Bomb Threat Made Against Lake Havasu, AZ, Republican Party Headquarters.
• October 21, 2004: Windows Smashed At Multnomah County Republican Party Headquarters In Portland, OR.
• October 22, 2004: Break-In Discovered At Cincinnati, OH, Victory 2004 Headquarters.
• October 22, 2004: Break-In Discovered At Flagstaff, AZ, Victory 2004 Headquarters. Perpetrators gained entry by throwing a cinder block through a plate-glass window.
• October 22, 2004: Chunk Of Concrete Tossed Through Glass Door Of Republican Headquarters In Santa Cruz, CA.
• October 23, 2004: Two Kerry Supporters Arrested After Stealing Pro-Bush Signs From Activist And Pushing Police Officer At Edwards Rally In St. Petersburg, FL.
• October 26, 2004: A Florida man has been charged with attempting to run over controversial Republican congresswoman Katherine Harris with his Cadillac.
• November, 2004: Editors say Yale Free Press stolen Yale Daily News
• November 2004, Election Day: 30 vans intended for getting out the vote in Milwaukee in 2004 had their tires slashed . . .Of the four men who were arrested, one is the son of Democratic U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Milwaukee, and one is the son of former acting Milwaukee Mayor Marvin Pratt.
• June 8, 2004: Court sets release of Ryan’s divorce file Chicago Tribune
• May 10, 2005: Vladimir Arutyunian, a native Georgian who was born to a family of ethnic Armenians, threw a live hand grenade toward a podium where President George W. Bush was speaking at Freedom Square in Tbilisi, Georgia.
• August, 2005: Reservist suspected of spray painting pro-Bush bumper stickers in Denver – Associated Press
• October 26, 2006: A New Campaign Tactic: Manipulating Google Data. New York Times
• October 30, 2006: RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman Responds To Today’s Letter From DNC Chairman Howard Dean GOP
• October (?) 2006: Staffers from Chuck Schumer’s office steal the social security number of Michael Steele then run an illegal credit report.
• June, 2008: Speaking of inflammatory rhetoric, it was candidate Obama who urged followers in June, “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun”
• Sept 17, 2008: Sarah Palin’s E-Mail Hacked
• October, 2008: Sarah Palin effigy hanging in someone’s yard
• December, 2008: Sarah Palin’s church was set on fire by arsonists while children were inside.
• September, 2008: Obama telling is supporters to “get in their faces” when confronting opponents. Columnist Michael Barone wrote at the time, “In this campaign, we have seen the coming of the Obama thugocracy, suppressing free speech, and we may see its flourishing in the four or eight years ahead.”
• September, 2008: In Orlando Florida, a small group of middle-aged homemakers took their little McCain signs to an approved street corner, carried their small American flags and assembled to do their hour’s vote-for-our-guy walk, when they were accosted by a group of Obama thugs and terrorized.
• September, 2008: A videographer at a Tampa, Florida town hall got roughed up by union thugs and had his camera smashed.
• September, 2008: A local doctor from Douglasville, Georgia was shouted down by his own Democratic congressman and accused of not being a constituent, a charge that was later shown to be blatantly false.
• September, 2008: St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce warned citizens that they would bring criminal libel prosecutions against anyone who made statements against Obama that were “false.”
• September, 2008: the Obama campaign called for a criminal investigation of the American Issues Project when it ran ads highlighting Obama’s ties to Ayers.
• September, 2008: Obama’s minions orchestrated a massive stream of complaints on the phone lines of Tribune Co.-owned WGN-AM in Chicago. “The offense: The station hosted National Review’s David Freddoso, author of ‘The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media’s Favorite Candidate,’ (Chicago Tribune)
• October, 2008: conservative Stanley Kurtz appeared on Milt Rosenberg’s WGN radio program in Chicago to discuss his lack of access to papers about Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers in the Richard J. Daley Library in Chicago — papers that were closed off to him for some days, apparently at the behest of Obama supporters.Obama fans jammed WGN’s phone lines and sent in hundreds of protest emails.
• October, 2008: McCain-Palin campaign bus coming under gunfire in New Mexico.
• October, 2008: the home of a Republican headquarters manager in central Florida was shot up that same week as the shooting of the McCain-Palin bus in New Mexico. McCain supporters in the area woke to find the brake lines on their cars severed, their telephone and cable television lines cut, and political graffiti scratched into automobile paint and scrawled on their homes.
• October 1, 2008: Vandals destroy Republican candidate signs, PolitickOr.com
• October 6, 2008: Laptop stolen from regional GOP headquarters CNET News
• October 8, 2008: Tennessee Man Indicted in Hacking of Palin’s E-Mail Account Fox News
• October 12, 2008: Authorities have arrested two men after a Molotov cocktail was thrown at a 4-foot by 8-foot campaign sign for Republican presidential candidate John McCain in a southeast Portland yard.
• Karen Scrutton said she was asleep inside her home at 7956 S.E. 17th Ave. in the Sellwood neighborhood when she saw her sign go up in flames after 1 a.m.
• October 17, 2008: an unprovoked assault by an enraged Democrat against a [female] McCain volunteer in midtown Manhattan: “Defendant grabbed the sign the informant was holding, broke the wooden stick that was attached to it, and then struck informant in the face.”(from police report)
• October 22, 2008: Minnesota, Senator Coleman campaign: Senator’s garage vandalized Associated Press
• November, 2008: Black Panther with a billy club threatening voters outside polling place in Philadelphia. Eric Holder let him walk.
• January, 2009: Hackers get Republican Senator Norm Coleman’s donors’ credit card info and post it on the internet
• August (1st week?) 2009: a black gentleman who was a Tea Party participant named Kenneth Gladney went to a town-hall meeting hosted by Rep. Russ Carnahan, Missouri Democrat. While passing out “Don’t Tread on Me” flags, he was viciously attacked by Service Employees International Union (SEIU) members. One called him a “nigger.” A woman filming the violence also was accosted. NBC News.
• August 4, 2009: a communique was issued from DNC headquarters about mobs of right-wing extremists whose extreme mobbiness threatens to mob ObamaCare with extremism.
• Summer (?), 2009: a handicapped woman in a wheelchair was attacked by a protester at an Obama town hall in New Hampshire. Another protester kicked an armed man in the groin, & spit into a camera filming it.
• Summer (?) 2009: At a tea party in Milwaukee, a heckler attacked several people and rushed the stage while a speaker was talking, YouTube video shows. Police tackled and removed him
• September, 2009: The Washington DC Tea Party appears to be a big success, but it’s not for lack of trying among the movement’s more lunatic opponents. Yesterday, the DC Metro police evacuated the offices of Freedomworks after several threats, including a bomb-threat phone call that police considered credible enough to investigate.
• September 3, 2009 in Thousand Oaks , California, a nationalized health care advocate attacked and bit off the finger of a Tea Partyer who was an opponent, Associated Press.
• November 14, 2009: in Fort Lauderdale, Florida violence broke out between tea party protesters and pro-amnesty protesters who had e-mailed group members calling for “a militant confrontation” with “tea-baggers,” the Christian Science Monitor reported.
• November 14, 2009, in Phoenix, tea partyers were attacked by a group of neo-Nazis brandishing a swastika flag and a portrait of Adolf Hitler. Police intervened quickly, and no one was hurt.
• March 22, 2010: Bullet shot through window of Republican Congressman Eric Cantor’s Richmond, Virginia campaign Office.
• March 24, 2010: Republican Congresswoman Jean Schmidt of Ohio receives telephoned death threats.
• March 24, 2010: Republican Congresswoman Jenny Brown of Florida receives telephoned death threats.
• March 26, 2010: Windows Broken at Albemarle County GOP (Daily Progress.com)
• March 27, 2010: Searchlight, Nevada – Andrew Breitbart, a speaker at the Tea Party rally of 20,000 in Senator Harry Reid’s hometown in Nevada, reported one Reid supporter man holding a sign directing Tea Parties in the wrong direction, several other Reid supporters throwing eggs at the Tea Party Express buses, and a number of them surrounded him, including one who declared: “I’m going to have to go to jail today if this guy [Breitbart] doesn’t leave.” (Wall Street Journal) (YouTubeVideoHere)
• March 26, 2010: Mike Malloy, (Left Wing Radio), calls for death of Linbaugh, O’Reilly and Beck (Link)
• March 28, 2010: Woman Assaulted by Obama Fanatic at Princeton, MN Tea Party Meeting (Link)
• March 29, 2010: Today, a two-count complaint and warrant was filed charging Norman Leboon with threatening to kill United States Congressman Eric Cantor and his family.(Politico)
• March 29, 2010 A brick was thrown through the window of the “Fix Michigan Center” in Genoa Township over the weekend in what they are calling “politically-motivated violence.” The brick has the words ”Long Live the USA” and “God Bless the USA” scrawled on it, according to Livingston County Sheriff’s investigators. (WHMI)Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 4 so far )