Archive for December, 2008
Bridget Skillman is Thankful
I’m Minus one Breast and Plus Many Blessings
2008 has been a challenging and scary year, but there are two main words that sum up my feelings: BLESSED AND THANKFUL.
Hard times are never fun, but those situations make the good times even sweeter, and that is exactly what has happened this year. I have a great life, but even when we have a great life we sometimes get too accustomed to it and we take it for granted. But God has a way of reminding us of our blessings.
This year I went through a very unusual and scary ordeal – I found out I had necrotizing fasciitis (flesh-eating disease). Due to the incredible ER doctor, Dr. Dave Walters, they found it early enough to save my life and to limit the damage it could cause. I did end up having to have a mastectomy and some tissue taken from my side and back, but that is a blessing considering I could have lost my arm or even died (if you want more details about my experience you can look at my previous posts on this topic).
During that process there was pain, fear, worry, and too many other emotions to name, but God was with me through it all and brought thankfulness out of fear. Reflecting back on that time I just want to name some of the things I’m thankful for and tell you why I feel so blessed.
I’m thankful for:
• God’s love, mercy and grace – I am amazed by it! He is always there for me and keeps heaping blessings on me even though I don’t deserve them.
• My wonderful husband – God gave me one of the greatest gifts when he gave me Tim. No one could have a better spouse than mine. Our 21 years of marriage have been the best years of my life and his caring and concern during my latest ordeal proved once again how AWESOME he is. He is a very strong man and the tough situations are where he really shows what he’s made of. I love him with all my heart!! He is my knight in shining armor.
• My incredible kids – What a joy they are to me. My 17 yr. old daughter Morgan is a smart, caring, loving, compassionate girl and I love hanging out with her. The even nicer part is that I think she actually loves hanging out with me too. Even in my wildest dreams I couldn’t have dreamed up a girl as wonderful as she is. My 13 yr. old son Logan is also a treasure. His loving, affectionate ways just melt my heart. He’s all boy, but he is not too proud to show his love for his mom and I am always so touched by that. The other day He sent me a song on my phone -”I Will Be Right Here Waiting for You” – and that is so typical of him. How fortunate am I to have two great kids who love their mom and are not ashamed of it?
• My mom, dad and sister – Wow, what a great family I have. They have always been my support and I have always felt safe and secure in their love for me. I can’t imagine having a family who isn’t close. It‘s so great to know that you are loved unconditionally, no matter what your quirks or issues.
• My in-laws – I couldn’t have picked better in-laws if I had tried. They are sweet, special people and I love spending time with them. The welcomed me into their family 21 years ago and we haven’t stopped having fun since.
• My wonderful life – God has blessed me with a tremendous life, but this is the best holiday season ever. I don’t think about what I’ve lost, but about what I’ve gained and how merciful and gracious God has been through all of this. My scar is a constant reminder of God’s goodness.
• Dr. Dave Walters (the ER doctor who diagnosed my necrotizing fasciitis) – He was INCREDIBLE. Not only did he diagnose something that is fairly rare, but he did it quickly enough to save my life. He also has an unbelievably warm, gentle, friendly bedside manner, which was much appreciated when I was in so much pain and so worried. He will always hold a special place in my heart and be a hero to me. He is the perfect example of what a doctor should be.
• Dr. Romel Velastegui (The vascular surgeon who rushed in to do the emergency surgery that saved my life) – I know it’s his job, but I am in awe of his knowledge, his expertise, and the fact that he can be woken up in the middle of the night and rush over to do a life-saving surgery. I am so thankful that we have doctors like this. I hope they realize how much we appreciate them.
• Dr. Peter Murphy (The Pulmonary and Infectious Diseases doctor who monitored my progress in the hospital) – What a warm, friendly, brilliant man. He took great care of me while I was in the hospital AND he did it with a sense of humor. I loved that about him.
• Dr. Jeffrey Sweat (the plastic surgeon who closed my wound and tried to make it look the best he could) – He is such a down-to-earth doctor who was always easy to talk to and who treated us like he’d known us forever. My necrotizing fasciitis wound was not an easy one to close due to all that they had to take, but he managed to change a nasty wound into a beautiful scar.
• My church family- They have been so supportive and loving and really helped me and my family through a difficult time.
Even without this ordeal I knew I had a great, blessed life. But through this I have been reminded even more. This Christmas is so much sweeter and I am thrilled beyond belief at what God has done for me.
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and remember what is really important!!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 4 so far )
Excellent article. Once again people are ignoring the obvious signs. It’s very frustrating!
Stealth Jihad: How Islam is Infiltrating Your Neighborhood
by Doug Giles
What if Christians demanded the following:
1. If anyone around Christians at work or school eats pork then they would get fired or severely chastised because we believe that scarfing down pig really offends God (and of course his people). Yep, BLTs-according to our take on Christ’s commands-really ticks him off and therefore bacon should be banned. Not only that, but any food that has even trace amounts of Porky the Pig in it must be verboten and banished from our presence everywhere we go because we’re Christians, and Christians don’t dine on swine. This means Jell-O shots at Tu-Tu-Tango’s and Jell-O served to kids at school ceases to be because Jell-O, hello, contains a wee little bit of a wee little pig, and this pisseth the Lord our God off!
2. All public schools must have several regularly scheduled 15 minute breaks throughout the school day for Christians to roll out their TBN prayer rugs and pray for revival. If not, we will raise Cain and Abel.
3. Public schools must become sex-segregated so that we, the washed, sanctified, filled with the Holy Ghost and fire crowd won’t be sorely tempted to swap spit with the hot Daisy Mae looking chick in pottery class. Matter of fact, why don’t public schools just carve out for us Christians a special school within the school, lest we become sullied via association with the unwashed masses and other religious persuasions, which we utterly detest. Howzabout that, mamasita?
4. Any and all the stupid, violent or sexually weird stuff that misguided Christians have done and are doing is to be scrubbed from the historical record, and the only thing that gets reported and taught is that we are the most peaceful, perfect people to ever schlep this planet. Anyone who thinks or speaks to the contrary will get the stink eye and be called a hater. Indeed, all criticism of Christians should be banned, and those who bring up our foibles, draw unfavorable cartoons of us, and don’t parrot our squeaky-clean spin get branded as bigots or Christophobes and should be threatened with prison.
5. Footbaths are to be installed in whichever universities my brethren and I attend (at the public’s expense) because Jesus was into foot washing, so I want a footbath, dammit! And if this means tuition gets hiked up to provide this for all Christians on campus, well . . . tough. I don’t care. My feet must be ritually washed, or Jesus gets angry-and when he gets angry, people die.
6. Any video games that Sony or whoever puts out that might accidentally offend Christians must be 86′ed. However, if other religions get offended via video it’s okay, just as long as my flavor ain’t disssed, can you dig it?
7. We must receive exemptions from the IRS from paying interest on back taxes because that’s against Christianity.
8. When the Christian church accidentally yields up a violent vocal dillweed from our ranks who hates America and is on the State Department’s terrorist watch list, instead of throwing that loopy bastard in prison we demand that the U.S. Army make him a sergeant. Capice?
9. Encourage the Christian high school student who wants to assassinate our President by giving him the “Most Likely to Become a Martyr” award during graduation.
10. Make students in the public school system who don’t believe in Jesus memorize portions of the Gospel of John, adopt Christian names and shout in the classroom, “I love Jesus, yes I do. I love Jesus. How ‘bout you?!”
Would any of points 1- 10 tick you secularists, atheists and agnostics off?
If Christians ever attempted any of the above they would be righteously ridiculed, castigated and condemned by the MSM, school administrators, cartoonists, talk radio, the blogosphere, Rosie, the coven on the View, religious leaders, the ACLU, Alec Baldwin and president elect Barack Obama. All of the aforementioned people would land on our crotch firmly with both feet. Heck, Christians can’t even say “merry Christmas,” cheer on traditional marriage, or champion the life of an unborn baby without being called Hitler, haters of humanity and intolerant bigots of other people’s values.
But Islam can.
Yep, Islam is making outrageous demands upon American life and culture, and we’re bending over and taking it from them, though we would be insanely intolerant of any other religious group-especially Christians-who had such particular and peculiar demands.
In Stealth Jihad, Islam expert and New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer blows the whistle on a long-term plot by Islamic Jihadists to undermine the United States. According to Spencer, this effort aims not to bring America to its knees through attacks with guns or bombs, but to subvert the country from within-by gradually Islamizing America. The ultimate goal, the stealth jihadists themselves declare, is nothing less than the adoption of Islamic law in the United States, that’s all!
BTW . . . this is already happening, and Robert shows the reader in blistering detail how American liberties are having to bow and kiss the ring of Islamic rules and regulations. Indeed, the stealth jihadists are already warm and snuggly within the American political, educational and media landscapes.
My advice, boys and girls, is . . . buy Bob’s book, drink a red bull, wake the heck up and fight for your liberties not to be walked on by anyone anywhere.
One last ditty for the skeptics who don’t think “it” could happen here: I’m sure that’s what the Brits thought 20 years ago. Red Bull, anyone?
Yes, it is now acceptable, and even commendable, to be bigoted against Christians. And unfortunately most Christians aren’t paying enough attention to do anything about it. Hopefully we’ll wake up in time to stop this discrimination.
Is It A “War On Christmas?” Or Is It A New, Acceptable Bigotry?
by Austin Hill
Has the “war on Christmas” returned?
Some would say that, yes, to the extent that there ever was a “war” against the language and symbolism of Christmas, it most certainly has returned this holiday season, and it’s worse now than it has been in previous years.
But unfortunately, I think something even more troubling is emerging in our country- – an assault on the freedom of conscience, if you will – - and all Americans should be alarmed by this.
To be sure, this Christmas season has brought about some interesting incidents of religious expression , and not-so-religious expression, in the public square. For example, in the Washington, DC area, the American Humanist Association launched an ad campaign last month, purchasing billboard signage at Metro Rail stops, and on Metro buses, that read “Why believe in a god? Just be good, for goodness’ sake…”
Many D.C-area residents have taken offense to this. And yes, the message is intended to be ‘in your face.” And no, it‘s not an accident that this message has emerged during the Christmas season.
I, however, find the atheists’ message to be amusing and thought provoking, for at least a couple of reasons. For one, there is no religious tradition (not even Judaism or Christianity) that suggests that it is morally wrong for a person to “be good for goodness’ sake.”
Secondly, if God does not exist, then who is to say what is “good?” Determining what is “good” without first believing in an all-good God, quickly becomes a very subjective enterprise, and both religious and non-religious Americans should consider this.
And for these reasons (and others), the atheists’ billboard campaign has made for some engaging discussion on my radio talk show at Washington, DC’s 630 WMAL. Additionally, the atheists’ billboard campaign has spawned a counter-campaign from a Catholic non-profit group in Bethesda, MD. Soon we‘ll have billboards around town that read “Why believe? I created you and I love you, for goodness’ sake – - God.” As I see it, both Christians and atheists are exercising their rights to free speech in this situation , and that’s just fine with me.
What is not just fine with me, however, are the disgusting events that have emerged over last month’s passage of several statewide ballot initiatives regarding the re-definition of marriage (especially the passage of Proposition 8 in California). The outcome of these elections has given rise to a whole new level of bigotry among the cultural and political left, and the leaders of the left need to account for it.
Let’s first understand that the government sanctioning of homosexual marriage is an unpopular idea most everywhere in the U.S. – - even in states where liberal Democratic political sensibilities reign supreme. So it was no surprise that, while a majority of Californians voted to elect Barack Obama President, they also voted for Proposition 8 – - that is, they voted to amend their state’s constitution so as to define “marriage” as a relationship between one man and one woman.
And “majority” is an important part of the story. A majority of Black Californians voted in favor of Proposition 8. A majority of Hispanic Californians voted in favor of it. And a majority of Asian Californians, and, yes, a majority of California’s Democrats, voted in favor of it.
Yet, the left has singled-out a religious group – - the Mormons, to be specific – - for ridicule and harassment. After weeks of shouting and picketing in front of Mormon temples around the state, the California Fair Political Practices Commission has now launched a “probe” into “non-monetary” contributions that the Mormon church may or may not have made towards the passage of proposition 8.
The message here, is clear: Americans of faith, especially those Americans for whom their faith leads to a conservative worldview, simply should not have a say in America’s public policy.
The messages of Christmas and Hanukah can survive just fine, even with secular, irreligious messages placed along side them. But attempting to belittle and damage and ultimately silence a minority group – - which is what is happening to Mormons in California right now – - is a different matter altogether.
Americans who care about their freedom to think, and to believe, and to assemble, and to vote as they see fit, should stand in opposition to these attacks. The left is targeting Mormons today – - but tomorrow it could be you or me.
Liberals are Hypocritical Bullies
I refuse to be bullied by the liberals! Let me explain. For 8 years (Bush’s 2 terms) I have seen bumper sticker after bumper sticker that says hateful things about Bush, such as;
- Impeach Bush
- Try Bush for War Crimes
- Bush Lied. People Died
- W – Worst President Ever
And those are just a few of the more benign ones. I won’t write down those with bad words on them, but you can probably imagine what they say. Anyway, through these 8 years I never once yelled at these people, gave them the finger, keyed their car, threw rocks at them, or took any other action that would show them how much I disagreed with their bumper sticker. After all, we DO HAVE FREE SPEECH, don’t we?????
However, THE SAME CANNOT BE SAID of the liberals. I have had almost all of those things done to me or my car because of my pro-Bush, pro-conservative bumper stickers. And today, once again, the ‘peace-loving, live and let live, tolerant” liberals just couldn’t put up with my free speech. My husband and son were out in the car today and some folks at a restaurant spit chewed-up food on the car because of the stickers. The 2 that are currently on my car say, “Don’t blame me. I voted for McCain” and the other says ” Obama is a Socialist”.
Why is it that the liberals keep saying they are the tolerant party when they aren’t at all? The liberals play very dirty and very hateful and I refuse to let them push me around. I know they’re hoping that conservatives will just bow under their pressure, but I will not do it!!!
My bumper stickers will stay on the car and every time libs do something mean because of it, they are proving my point all over again.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 2 so far )
Well, we still don’t have real proof of Obama’s citizenship (even though the libs are taking his word for it) so let’s see what the Supreme Court decides to do about this. I’m not saying for sure that he’s NOT a citizen, but I am asking why he won’t prove it. And why do people think its such an outrageous thing that we want proof that the next President is an actual citizen. For those of you who are skeptical about this issue, I ask you to read the article below and go to the link to see the videos and copies of some of the documents. There is some real concern over his citizenship status and it needs to be settled before he takes office. I’m anxious to see if he thinks he is above the constituion and doesn’t have to prove anything AND if the Supreme Court Justices will do what’s right. You can believe if this were a Republican every mainstream newspaper and network would be SCREAMING for the proof, but alas, they are silent when it comes to their handpicked candidate.
Print, TV ads demand citizenship proof from Obama
Concerned Americans look to media to compel president-elect to release documents
By Chelsea Schilling
© 2008 WorldNetDaily
Concerned citizens have taken yet another step to compel Barack Obama to release documentation proving he is a natural-born citizen – by funding a full-page “Open letter to Obama” in tomorrow’s issue of the Chicago Tribune.
American donors have contributed tens of thousands of dollars to the We the People Foundation to sponsor the advertisement. It appeared in the main news section of the newspaper and is scheduled to run again tomorrow morning.
The letter, signed by Chairman Robert L. Schulz, is a petition for redress of what the group claims is a violation of the natural-born citizen clause of the Constitution (Article II, Section 1):
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
“Dear Mr. Obama,” the letter begins. “Representing thousands of responsible American citizens who have also taken an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America, I am duty bound to call on you to remedy an apparent violation of the Constitution. Compelling evidence supports the claim that you are barred from holding the Office of President by the ‘natural-born citizen’ clause of the U.S. Constitution.”
Where’s the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. and thus a “natural born American” as required by Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution? If you still want to see it, sign WND’s petition demanding the release of his birth certificate.
Schulz lists the following reasons citizens are concerned about Obama’s status:
1. You have posted on the Internet an unsigned, forged and thoroughly discredited, computer-generated birth form created in 2007, a form that lacks vital information found on any original, hand signed Certificate of Live Birth, such as hospital address, signature of attending physician and age of mother.
2. Hawaii Dept of Health will not confirm your assertion that you were born in Hawaii.
3. Legal affidavits state you were born in Kenya.
4. U.S. Law in effect in 1961 denied U.S. citizenship to any child born in Kenya if the father was Kenyan and the mother was not yet 19 years of age.
5. In 1965, your mother legally relinquished whatever Kenyan or U.S. citizenship she and you had by marrying an Indonesian and becoming a naturalized Indonesian citizen.
We the People said it chose the Chicago Tribune because it is the principal newspaper in president-elect’s hometown with more than a half-million readers. Obama is said to be one of them.
The letter states Obama is “under a moral, legal and fiduciary duty to proffer such evidence” and that he may invite a “national crisis that would undermine in domestic peace and stability of the Nation” if he assumes office as a “usurper” without meeting natural-born citizenship requirements. It claims Obama would not be entitled to allegiance, obedience or support from U.S. citizens, the armed forces or civilians in the executive branch if he “usurps” the office – rendering legislation requiring his signature and his orders “legally void.”
We the People requests that Obama provide its team of forensic scientists with his original birth certificate on Dec. 5, 6 and 7. The foundation is currently raising $20,000 to cover the expenses of employing the forensic team in Hawaii. The letter also demands delivery of documentary evidence of Obama’s citizenship before the group’s scheduled press conference in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 8.
The petition concludes with a warning:
All state Electors are now on Notice that unless you provide documentary evidence before December 15, that conclusively establishes your eligibility, they cannot cast a vote for you without committing treason to the Constitution.
The Chicago Tribune letter is the second high-profile newspaper advertisement of its kind. Another ad challenging Obama’s natural-born citizen status appeared on Page 5 of the Nov. 17 edition of the Washington Times.
Pennsylvania attorney Philip J. Berg, a Democrat who is pursuing the issue by petitioning the U.S. Supreme Court, posted a full-page ad requesting donations and posing the following questions:
“Was Barack Obama born in Kenya?”
“Is he really a citizen of Indonesia?”
“Does the Constitution still matter?”
The ad states, “Obama says he’s qualified. But, Berg, multiple legal suits and a growing number of American citizens are saying: ‘Prove it.’ A basic, vital and Constitutional request.”
Now Illuminati Pictures, the same company that produced the video of expert Ron Polarik, has filmed its own 60-second television commercial regarding Obama’s citizenship.
WND columnist Janet Porter of Faith2Action, is working on funding the new ad for release on television. Her website is accepting contributions for the project until Dec. 15.
“These are the facts,” she wrote. “The Constitution requires the president to be a natural born citizen. Obama’s grandmother said she was there when Barack was born in Kenya. Obama refuses to release his original birth certificate. Instead of a birth certificate, Obama’s campaign posted a certification given to those born abroad. Experts have called even that document an ‘obvious forgery.’”
Porter said $12,000 buys a national 60-second ad on Fox News between 5 and 6 p.m.
“I say let’s buy a few of those and publicize it so the rest of the world finally hears about the constitutional crisis we’re in,” she wrote. “Then, the Bill O’Reillys, Sean Hannitys and Rush Limbaughs may decide to cover the story of the century.”
NOTE: I was sent some GREAT information by Sue and I wanted to pass it on. Here are some links where you can sign petitions regarding Obama’s birth cert.
She also sent me some great sample letters to send to the Justices of the Supreme Court, but due to my being so busy the last couple of days I wasn’t able to post them in time. If you’d still like a copy of those, the evidence packet she sent, or more supporting articles, please let me know in the comment section, leave me your email address, and I’ll email you the info. Thanks Sue for all the info!!
Also, you can go here: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=82449 and find out about fed-exing a letter to the Supreme Court Justices in time for their meeting Friday.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 6 so far )