Archive for August, 2008
They are definitely trying to invade us from within our own country, but most people aren’t paying attention!
America’s New Breed of Traitors
Posted on August 19, 2008
By Carl Sterling Parnell, Ed.D.
Despite the different political and religious views of most American citizens, they have been united in their nationalistic and patriotic efforts to defend the United States against its enemies here and abroad. But, some Americans throughout the history of the United States have decided to assist America’s enemies in their efforts to destroy America. These traitors would sell top secrets to the enemies of the United States for financial gain, despite the consequences that Americans might encounter as a result of their unpatriotic greed.
Unfortunately, in the 21st century, there are still traitors that live in America. However, these new breed of traitors are not selling top secrets to America’s enemies. But, instead, they are giving in to the cultural demands of those who would change the American way into the Islamic way. These traitors are allowing followers of Islam to intimidate them to incorporate the sights and sounds of Islam into every aspect of the American culture, especially in the public schools, in the business world, and in the federal government.
Islam is using the ideological approach to acculturate its belief system into main stream America. Of course, like most ideologies, Islam is using America’s public schools as its springboard for indoctrinating America’s children. By introducing Islam to students in their mandated curriculums, the next generation of Americans could possibly be pro-Islam in their belief system. However, since Islam is a religion and a political ideology, why is the United States government permitting this indoctrination to occur in America’s public schools? Even though some people promote the idea of the separation of church and state in America, the concept is not included in the United States Constitution. But, evidently, if it was a constitutional concept, it would pertain to Christianity only, since anything related to the Christian faith is not permitted in most public schools.
The acculturation of Islam into America’s schools will do considerably more damage to the American public than the attacks of Islamic terrorists here and abroad. Once the young, impressionable minds of America’s children are indoctrinated with the teachings of Islam, they will be more apt to accept Islam as America’s religion and America’s way of life. Possibly, the new generation of voters would vote a pro-Islamic agenda, especially since some Americans have already elected Islamic congressmen to represent them. Therefore, will America’s educational elite become traitors and sell out America’s Judeo-Christian heritage in the name of political correctness? Ultimately, if the Islamic agenda is successful, the Islamic curriculum taught in America’s educational institutions will be responsible for the creation of a new America with the new sounds of Islam.
There are already many examples that verify that public schools in America have sold out to political correctness and Islam. Some schools are providing special time, time that Christians do not have, to pray to Allah several times during the school day. Some schools are permitting foot washing to take place during school hours, which is part of an Islamic religious service, to take place in government-supported schools. Some schools are mandating their students to research the life of Mohammed, but the life of Jesus is ignored. Some schools are mandating their students to dress up in Islamic regalia and role-play the life of a Muslim warrior. Also, some schools are considering the possibility of offering special dietary meals to meet the religious requirements of its Islamic students. Ultimately, Islamic students are given special religious rights that Christian students do not have.
America’s business community is dealing with the special demands of Islam, too. Recently, Tyson Foods made a decision to give a special holiday to its 700 Islamic employees from Somalia that work at its Shelbyville, Tennessee processing plant (How did this many people from Somalia get jobs in a Tennessee plant?). Basically, Tyson Foods will not observe Labor Day anymore at its Shelbyville plant. Instead, it will replace it with a special Islamic holiday that recognizes the end of Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting. However, this will be done at the expense of its American workers. Of course, there are many other examples that verify that Islamic believers are attempting to force American businesses to incorporate the Islamic way into their daily business schedule. One such example took place about two years ago in Detroit, Michigan. An Islamic woman was praying in front of a locker at a Fitness USA gym. When the woman was interrupted by another woman who was attempting to get to her locker, the Islamic woman complained bitterly. In fact, she filed a lawsuit against Fitness USA. Therefore, it is easy to see from these examples that Islamic followers have an agenda to turn the American way into the Islamic way. Hopefully, America’s businessmen and businesswomen will not give in to their demands and become traitors to the American way of life.
Ultimately, the United States government is the main traitor to the American way of life. It is mind-boggling what the United States government is doing to ensure that the un-American concept of political correctness is extended to the followers of Islam in a Christian nation (Yes, America is a Christian nation, at least at present). But, apparently, for some unknown reason, American politicians have decided to promote Islam over Christianity. What would America’s Founding Fathers and statesmen say about this treachery? Most of them, if it were possible, would come back from the dead and attempt to get America back on the right track. However, since they cannot return, it will be up to the American people to take back their country from those who would change the American way of life. Americans must go to the polls in November and vote for new leaders that stand up for the American way.
But, what have America’s leaders done that would make Americans think that they were being sold out? There are many examples to prove that the United States government is supporting Islam. Four of these examples are as follows:
Muslims are permitted to have prayer each Friday in a special room located in the United States Congress Building.
United States government agencies, such as the FBI, are teaching their employees the teachings of Islam from the Qur’an.
The United States Congress has been opened with readings from the Qur’an.
Some elected leaders have taken the oath of office with their right hand on the Qur’an.
Therefore, it appears that hundreds of years of governmental standards and governmental procedures are being erased rather quickly. As a result, the religion and ideology of Islam is gaining control of the base of America’s governmental system. If the leaders of America’s political system continue to bow down to the demands of Islam, the sights and sounds of the Islamic way of life might just replace the American way of life. Also, could it be possible that Sharia, the legal system of Islam, might replace America’s legal system that began with the ratification of the U.S. Constitution over two hundred years ago? Most likely, Islam would never gain that much control over the United States government. However, who knows what could happen to the government of the United States in the next twenty to thirty years if the leaders that Americans put in office join the new breed of American traitors.
Finally, if the new breed of American traitors continues to travel down the politically correct road that they are presently following, the American way of life might not be recognizable in the future. Many people that come to America do not have the same belief system that most Americans have. Therefore, if Americans give in to the demands of such a diverse group of people, the greatest nation in the world could ultimately lose its cultural and political identity. Therefore, it is very important that the new breed of traitors that regulate America’s public schools, the business community, and the government sector return America back to a state of normalcy.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 3 so far )
The problem is that it’s happening all over this country and other universities are doing NOTHING about it!!!!
“Hadith of Hate” Banned at USC
By Reut R. Cohen
FrontPageMagazine.com | Friday, August 22, 2008
As Muslim Student Association (MSA) chapters have become increasingly influential at universities and colleges around the country, critics have charged that it is a hate group that sympathizes with the international jihad and promulgates an anti-American and anti-Semitic ideology in its campus actions. In response, the MSA has claimed that it is merely another religious and cultural group similar to Hillel, a club for Jewish students, or the Newman Club for Catholics. That deception has been now unmasked at the University of Southern California, where the school’s Provost, Chrysostomos L. Max Nikias, reacting to a call from the David Horowitz Freedom Center and the Simon Wiesenthal Center, has ordered the campus MSA to remove a “despicable” hadith calling for Muslims to murder Jews as a condition for redemption from its website.
David Horowitz, President of the Freedom Center, hails this as a breakthrough moment when the double standards that control the political and intellectual culture of most universities have finally been challenged. “Up to now, the slightest criticism of radical Islam on campus has been slammed as ‘Islamophobia,’ while Muslim groups and their radical fellow travelers have been allowed to say the most hateful things imaginable about Christians and Jews without any reaction from university administrators whatsoever,” Horowitz says. “Provost Nikias has called the hadith on the MSA website for what it is: despicable. Given the atmosphere that prevails on most campuses today, it was an act of integrity on his part to make this call and to demand that the MSA live up to basic standards of civility that should govern the university.”
The hadith (sacred teaching) reads as follows:
“Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him….”
Its presence on the MSA website is consistent with other actions the Muslim group has initiated on the USC campus. In 2005, for instance, it hosted a conference featuring a speech by Islamist Ahmed Shama, who praised Hizbollah, Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, and told his listeners that the terrorists in post-Saddam Iraq were part-as was the Muslim Student Association itself-of a “global Islamic movement” and that it was “necessary to rise up against the occupation there.”
The David Horowitz Freedom Center worked with the Simon Wiesenthal Center to draft a letter to Alan Casden, a USC trustee, about the “hadith of hate,” as it is often called. Disturbed that a call for genocide should be on the USC server, Casden contacted Provost Chrysostomos Nikias to express his concern. Nikias investigated the matter and sent Casden the following letter:
“…The passage you cited is truly despicable and I share your concerns about its being on the USC server. We did some investigations and I have ordered the passage removed.
“The passage in the Hadith that you brought to our attention violates the USC Principles of Community, and it has no place on a USC server.”
The University of Southern California Principles of Community states in part: “No one has the right to denigrate another human being on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, etc. We will not tolerate verbal or written abuse, threats, harassment, intimidation or violence against person or property.” No student group other than the Muslim Student Association has posted any kind of material, religious or otherwise, calling for the destruction of a race or group.
USC’s decision to remove the hadith from the school’s server marks the first time that an American university has acknowledged that the Muslim Student Association’s agenda involves the promotion of ethnic hatred. It is also the first time that an administrator has acted quickly to censure “despicable” material. Rabbi Aron Hier of the Simon Wiesenthal Center hailed Provost Nikias’ decision: “We commend USC for having the moral courage to stand up against those who hijack speech and religious freedoms and the goodwill of the campus community in order to spread hate and extremist violence.”
“This episode shows that fighting injustice can produce results,” Freedom Center President David Horowitz added. “It also shows what kind of an organization the Muslim Students Association is, which is why the Freedom Center has launched a nationwide campaign, Stop the Jihad on Campus Week, which will culminate the week of October 13.”
The goals of Stop the Jihad on Campus Week are to rally students across the country to sign a petition against the “hadith of hate” and to convince student governments to defund the Muslim Students AssociationRead Full Post | Make a Comment ( 2 so far )
Another great list!!!
25 Reasons You Might Be A Liberal (Part 2)
August 22, 2008 |
With yet more apologies to Jeff Foxworthy, you just might be a liberal if…
* You blame the oil companies for high gas prices, but believe in doing everything humanly possible to keep them from drilling for more oil.
* You’d have no problem with a Democratic President talking with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Kim Jung-Il without conditions, but would be very upset if he started seriously negotiating with Republicans over national security or energy issues.
* You don’t see a conflict between “supporting the troops” and trying to insure that they lose the war that they’re fighting.
* You think the solution to an underperforming economy is higher taxes, more regulations, and publicly attacking businesses, but don’t understand how that relates to the phrase, “The beatings will continue until morale improves.”
* You’re surprised that people don’t think you’re patriotic just because you were photographed not holding your hand over your heart during the national anthem and made a big deal out of refusing to wear a flag pin.
* You tell everyone who’ll listen that Bush is “worse than Hitler” and that Republicans are fascists, but you never stop to consider that if that were true, you’d be dead or in a gulag already.
* You think Christmas songs at school plays shouldn’t be allowed because they might offend people who don’t believe, but don’t understand what the problem is supposed to be with government funded “art” that defiles Christianity.
* Your idea of “reparations for slavery” is white people who have never owned slaves giving money to black people who were never slaves, more than a hundred years after slavery ended.
* You “assure us that deterrence will work, but when the time comes to deter, (you’re) against it.” — Ann Coulter
* You think celebrities are just exercising their right to free speech when they criticize conservatives, but believe that the celebs are having their First Amendment rights abridged if anyone criticizes them for their comments.
* You called George Bush, “George Herbert Walker Bush,” and George Allen, “George Felix Allen,” but think someone referring to Barack Obama as “Barack Hussein Obama” is a racist.
* You think we should give condoms to thirteen year-olds because “they’re going to do it anyway,” but feel that we can get rid of every gun held by criminals in the U.S. simply by making them illegal.
* You think Anita Hill was telling the truth about Clarence Thomas, but Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Linda Tripp, Dolly Kyle Browning, Sally Perdue, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Broaddrick — among many others — are all lying about the Clintons.
* You “are willing to do whatever it takes to defend the American public from terrorists…as long as the French and Germans say it’s OK.”
* You continually claim that we don’t do enough for the poor, but you want to add 12-20 million more of them to the ranks by giving illegal aliens American citizenship.
* You blame “society” for creating the conditions that turn people into criminals, but you don’t think that gives “society” even more of a moral obligation to lock those criminals away so that they won’t hurt innocent people.
* There’s a conflict between America and any other country, over just about any topic, and you’re more likely to side with the other nation than your own.
* You believe that fanatical Muslims who want to fly planes into our skyscrapers aren’t a serious threat to the U.S., but Christians are.
* You think we can improve our health care system by putting the same government that brought us FEMA, ICE, Airport Security, and the IRS in charge of it.
* You believe that conservative criticism of Barack Obama’s abilities is primarily driven by racism, but actual race-based criticism leveled at Clarence Thomas, Michelle Malkin, and Condi Rice by liberals obviously has nothing to do with race.
* You live in a great and free nation like America and can use phrases like “audacity of hope” or “speaking the truth to power” without the slightest hint of irony.
* You say, “Why do they hate us?” when America is attacked and “we’re just furthering the cycle of violence” when we retaliate.
* You generally mean “threatening to the interests of the Democratic Party” or “Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton needs some more money” when you use the word “racist.”
* Your first thought after hearing that someone who publicly criticized murderers actually murdered someone himself is, “What a hypocrite!”
* You tell anyone who’ll listen that our elections are fraudulent and then you fight tooth and nail to prevent states from requiring a photo ID to vote.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
If people are really listening to what Obama says and are honest with themselves, then they know Obama would be a terrible president. Unfortunately, a lot of people are doing neither one and we’re going to have a lot of uninformed idiots voting.
The Case Against Obama – In His Own Words
by Lorie Byrd
It would be hard to make a better case against a Barack Obama presidency than the one Obama has made in his own words. The most memorable thing about Obama’s speeches is not generally what he says, but rather how large and enthusiastic the audiences are. If voters pay attention only to the symbolism and get caught up in the excitement of the Obamessiah and his throngs of fainting disciples, he stands a good chance of winning in November. If voters pay attention instead to the things Obama is saying, the case against an Obama presidency will be clear.
Obama’s youthful appearance is often cited as one of his biggest assets, but when he opens his mouth he doesn’t always come off as presidential or even particularly intelligent. The political figure who perhaps has received the most ridicule in the past twenty years is Dan Quayle (due largely to a misspelled word on a flashcard he read during an appearance at a school). I wonder how much more grief would have been heaped on Vice President Quayle if he had made any of the following gaffes committed by Barack Obama (from Michelle Malkin):
· Last May, he claimed that Kansas tornadoes killed a whopping 10,000 people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died – an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.
· Earlier this month in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States: “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”
· Last March, on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Alabama, he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement: “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.” Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965.
Some of Obama’s gaffes go beyond simple slips of the tongue and confusion over numbers though and display a lack of knowledge on important issues as was the case when he commented on the war in Afghanistan and the lack of translators: “We only have a certain number of them and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” As Malkin pointed out, the real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan is because Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish, while Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.
Worse than the lack of knowledge of the languages spoken in other nations is that he lacks an understanding of the threat posed by some of them. Or maybe he doesn’t. It is really a bit confusing. In Portland, Oregon, Obama said of Iran, “They don’t pose a serious threat to us.” The following day in Billings, Montana he said: “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.” Maybe it depends what the definitions of “grave” and “serious” are. As I said, it is all bit confusing. Maybe that is why so many focus on the crowds at Obama’s events, rather than to what Obama is actually saying to them.
If voters are paying attention to what Barack Obama says they will see not only a lack of knowledge of important issues, but on some of the issues where he is informed, an attempt to hide his true position and past votes.
In the Saddleback Church forum last week, in response to Rev. Rick Warren’s question, “At what point does a baby get human rights in your view?” Obama responded: “Well, uh, you know, I think that whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or, uh, a scientific perspective, uh, answering that question with specificity, uh, you know, is, is, uh, above my pay grade.” As blogger Cassy Fiano points out, the idea that someone running for President would dodge such an important question in that way is “beyond ridiculous” and obviously an attempt to be as ambiguous as possible so that he does not offend those who disagree with the very radical positions he has taken on the issue of abortion during his political career. Obama’s past comments and votes on abortion legislation definitely say more about him than anything he is saying on the subject now.
Another example of actions speaking louder than words can be found when we listen to Obama’s money talk. According to Obama’s tax returns from 2000-2006, the Obamas have given far less to charity than John McCain has. In all but the two most recent years reported, the Obamas gave around 1% or less of their income to charity. Their contributions increased in 2005 and 2006 to 4.7% and 6.1% respectively, but still are far short of those of McCain who gave 28.6% in 2006 and 27.3% in 2007. But if you listen to Obama’s words you will hear that he is very concerned about the least among us.
According to the following statement from an Obama speech earlier this summer, it appears pretty much everyone who isn’t Obama is a lesser being: “…I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment — this was the time — when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and our highest ideals.” If Obama is able to slow the rise of the oceans then ending poverty and securing peace should be a cakewalk. I suppose he will only be able to accomplish such feats if elected President though.
This week John McCain pulled ahead of Obama in many polls and projections. Maybe voters have finally started listening to what Obama has been saying now that the thrill of his oratory is wearing thin.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
This just makes me sick!! I find McLaren to be so misguided that he is bordering on heresy, and the way his lemmings are just following him blindly is nauseating!! I don’t know how a Christian can vote for Obama and just ignore his anti-Biblical stance on things. According to this ad McLaren thinks Obama is great because he’s a good family man. I guess he just overlooks his stance on killing babies. McLaren, you are a sad excuse for a pastor!!!
Obama’s ‘clergy ad’ avoids biblical issues
Jim Brown – OneNewsNow – 8/20/2008 8:00:00 AM
Focus on the Family is critical of a pro-Barack Obama television ad that is reportedly the first of its kind recorded by active clergy members for a Democratic presidential candidate.
During Saturday’s presidential forum on faith, the liberal political action committee Matthew 25 aired an ad called “Families,” featuring emergent church leader Brian McLaren and Methodist mega-church pastor Kirbyjohn Caldwell. Following is a portion of the narrative in the ad.
“As a pastor, I know that you can learn a lot about a man’s character based on how he treats his family,” says McLaren.
“Barack is a strong man of Christian faith who has been married to his wife Michelle for 16 years,” states Caldwell, whose wife adds: “And he’s the proud father of two beautiful daughters.”
Those comments are followed by Catholic theologian Lisa Sowle Cahill, who offers: “He understands the pressures families are under and what it takes to help families thrive.”
Carrie Gordon Earll with Focus on the Family Action says the ad is an extension of the Democratic Party’s effort since 2006 to court religious conservative voters.
“What they describe in the ad could describe millions of American men,” Earll argues. “Just go to a Promise Keepers event and the stadium’s full of them. [But] that doesn’t mean all of those men are qualified to be president. The question I would think that religious leaders would be asking is, what is this man’s views on issues? What’s his Christian worldview on issues?”
Earll argues that if Bible-believing Christians — those in the pews and those in the pulpits — really knew Obama’s stance on abortion, for example, they would understand why there is no way they could support his candidacy.
“I don’t think that most pastors in this country — [those] who believe the Bible is the Word of God and interpret that through what we know is a traditional Christian worldview — are going to be able to just close their eyes to the radical pro-abortion position of Senator Obama,” she says. “This is a man who has pledged to sign a Freedom of Choice Act that would overturn every pro-life law — state, local, national — in the nation.”
Earll says if Matthew 25 wants to be helpful to Christians rather than just a “cheering section” for Senator Obama, it should bring in other voices to look at Obama’s positions on biblical issues.
Take that, you lying liberals!! I guess it would hurt you too much to tell the truth and give W the credit he’s due.
Credit Where Credit Is Due
Fri Aug 1, 3:00 AM ET
Here’s a question: Which U.S. president has done the most in history to help Africa? President Clinton, you say? Remember his much ballyhooed six-country tour in 1998, a trip in which President Clinton came close to apologizing for America’s role in slavery? Of course, the most memorable picture to emerge from that visit was a glimpse of the president in his Dakar hotel room banging on a conga drum, a fat cigar in his mouth, apparently celebrating the news that a judge had dismissed Paula Jones’ lawsuit accusing him of sexual harassment.
No, President Clinton may have been the first black president, as novelist Toni Morrison dubbed him, but aid to the continent during his tenure didn’t come close to the mark hit by Africa’s true champion - President George W. Bush. When President Bush took office in 2001, U.S. aid to Africa was less than $1.5 billion a year. By 2006, the Bush administration was spending more than $4 billion a year, and that aid will more than double under President Bush’s initiatives by 2010.
Most of the money has been directed at fighting diseases: HIV/AIDS, which has devastated a continent where one third of the population of some countries is affected; tuberculosis, which remains a killer in Africa; and malaria, with more than 25 million Africans receiving prevention and treatment for this life-threatening disease. And the president has also increased trade with Africa, which has doubled during his tenure. Yet you don’t hear much about President Bush’s African legacy.
-snip-Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
Coca-Cola Celebrates Ramadan with Crescent Design on Cans – So Why aren’t Christian symbols on cans at Christmas?
Okay, I’ll be waiting to see the Christian symbols on coke cans this Christmas!
Coca-Cola celebrates Ramadan
Company observes Muslim holiday with star, crescent design on cans
Posted: August 19, 2008
10:35 pm Eastern
© 2008 WorldNetDaily
Coca-Cola plans to celebrate Ramadan this year by decorating cans with a crescent moon and star – a widely recognized Islamic symbol.
The moon and star can be found on at least 11 flags of Muslim countries, and now it will be featured on packaging in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Morocco, Tunisia and other Islamic countries during the Sept. 1-30 Muslim holiday, blogger Bob McCartney reported.
Coca-Cola has hired a company named ATTIK to handle packaging, Brand Republic reports. Its Christmas cans are usually decorated with secular-themed images of Santa Claus, but McCartney asked the company whether it planned to introduce Christian symbols as well.
“When I learned the symbol of the Islamic faith will appear on Coca-Cola packaging during Ramadan 2008, I found myself wondering whether or not the Atlanta-based soft drink maker will soon include the Christian cross and Jewish star of David in future holiday packaging designs targeting people of those faiths,” he wrote.
In 2006, Coca-Cola released a statement about its recognition of Ramadan.
“In a globalizing world, Ramadan presents an opportunity to showcase the true values of Islam and what it stands for,” it said. “Because no other brand is as inclusive as and no other company is as diverse as Coca-Cola, we have a unique opportunity to play a valued role as an international bridge-builder and facilitator of dialogue during Ramadan.”
The company’s statement also revealed its policy of supporting Muslim employees in their faith.
“In addition to the focus on Ramadan and Eid, the Coca-Cola system has also implemented policies and programs to meet the needs of Muslim employees, such as providing halal food in cafeterias and organizing special prayer rooms at company facilities,” it said. “Several bottlers have also funded employee pilgrimage initiatives.”
Coca-Cola has not responded to WND’s request for comment.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )
WHAT CONSERVATIVES BELIEVE
By PHIL VALENTINE
August 3, 2008
Conservatism is not only viable, it’s essential for a free society. The difference between liberalism and conservatism is best summed up in the old Chinese proverb: “Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.” Liberals have been handing out fish. Conservatives have been handing out fishing poles.
1. Conservatism makes for a productive society. Alexander Tytler said of democracy: “It can only exist until a majority of voters discover that they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.” Liberalism has raided the treasury to take from the producers and give to those less productive, leaving neither side with an incentive to work for either themselves or a nation.
2. Conservatism is compassionate. Liberals measure compassion by how many people are on the government dole. Conservatives measure compassion by how many people are off of it. While liberalism, by its very nature, looks down its nose at the less fortunate, conservatism sees all people as worthy of making it on their own. Conservatism is about preserving one’s dignity, not robbing it.
3. Liberals are pessimists by nature. The currency of liberalism is fear. It trades on the fear that something disastrous will happen unless liberals are there to stop it. Global warming, losing Social Security, banning guns; they all work from the vantage point that if liberals aren’t in charge something horrific will happen. The allure of Ronald Reagan was his positive message. He spoke of America’s greatness. He inspired pride and patriotism instead of trying to tear the country down and blame it for all of the world’s problems as many liberals do.
4. Military strength deters aggression. Peaceniks look upon our military as a war machine, and use any moment of calm as an excuse to cut its budget. It is a peace machine. Each time we fail to back our military, it emboldens those who would undermine our democracy or that of our allies.
5. Belief in God is a cornerstone of our republic. Try as the liberals may to separate them, there is no Constitutional separation of church and state, only a protection of religion from the state. Our founders believed this country was divinely inspired and it was only by remembering our religious roots that we would survive.
6. Conservatism believes in the entrepreneur. People who start companies take huge risks and they deserve everything they get if they succeed. Liberals want to punish entrepreneurs through confiscatory taxes. That’s why the IRS tells us that the top 5 percent of wage-earners pays more than 50 percent of the income tax. If you want to create jobs and, in turn, more money in the treasury, you must lower taxes on the rich and allow more people to take more chances.
7. Political correctness is the liberal version of fascism. Liberals have attempted to control the debate in America by attempting to control the language, and they’ve succeeded to some degree. There’s been no bigger muzzle on free speech than political correctness.
8. Guns are good. Liberals are quick to defend our freedom of speech, press and our right to protest but they ignore our right to bear arms, which figures prominently into our Bill of Rights. These selective constitutionalists will erode all of our constitutional rights if they succeed in being able to cherry pick them when they’re convenient.
9. Quotas are wrong. Society seems oblivious to the obvious solution to discrimination: strict enforcement of antidiscrimination laws. Making innocent people pay for the sins of previous generations runs counter to our fundamental principles and undermines race relations in our society.
10. Conservatism is still relevant today. Both Democrats and Republicans have veered from the basic philosophy of less government and more personal responsibility. Government is these to do only what the private sector won’t, can’t or shouldn’t do. That means the government shouldn’t be subsidizing professional sports or multi-million-dollar corporations any more than it should be subsidizing an able-bodied man who can work but chooses not to. Government must return to the basic conservative philosophy, as Jefferson said, “The government is best which governs least.”Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )
Once again California gets it wrong!! Why do I continue to live here?? Somebody get me out of here!!
This reminds me of the case in New Mexico where a gay couple sued a Christian photographer because he didn’t want to photograph their wedding. The gay couple won. Do I have to say it again??? We are losing our rights and we’re doing nothing about it!!!!!! This has to be stopped!!!
Cal. Supreme Court Rejects Doctors’ Rights of Conscience
Sacramento, CA – In a major decision likely to re-draw the battle lines of the gay rights movement, the California Supreme Court today ruled against two doctors who declined to artificially inseminate a lesbian.
The doctors, who are Christians, strongly believe that children should be raised whenever possible by a mother and father. To that end, they did not want to participate in the deliberate exclusion of a father as sought by Guadalupe Benitez and her partner, Joanne Clark. Instead, the doctors paid for a referral of Ms. Benitez to other fertility specialists who did not have any moral objections to administering the treatment, and she now has three children. Nevertheless, Ms. Benitez was so offended by the doctors’ stance that she sued them under California’s sweeping civil rights laws.
Today, California’s highest court unanimously ruled that the state’s civil rights laws offer virtually no exceptions for people of faith. Unless the ruling is eventually overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court – which only hears about one percent of all the cases appealed to it – or is modified by the gay-friendly California legislature, its implications appear to be far-reaching. For instance, the ruling probably means that, regardless of their beliefs, everyone in the state’s wedding industry must service gay weddings, California family law attorneys must handle gay adoptions and same-sex divorces, and so on.
Pacific Justice Institute filed a friend-of-the-court brief with the California Supreme Court on behalf of the doctors and will continue to participate in the case if it is appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.
PJI President Brad Dacus commented, “This case starkly demonstrates the take-no-prisoners approach of the gay rights movement. They will not stop until they have silenced or bankrupted every voice of conscience who disagrees with them. In light of this and similar rulings, PJI is redoubling its efforts to defend people of faith who will not compromise their moral values.”Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )
Thanks to DP King for sending me this. I love it!
5 year old child logic
“So, I was talking to this little girl, Catherine, the daughter of some friends, and she said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there with us – and I
asked Catherine – ‘If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?’
Catherine replied – ‘I would give houses to all the homeless people.’
‘Wow – what a worthy goal you have there, Catherine.’ I told her. ‘You don’t have to wait until you’re President to help the homeless, you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in my
back yard and I will pay you $5 dollars. Then we can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 dollars to use toward a new house.’ Catherine (who was about 5) thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me seething, and Catherine replied, ‘Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can just pay him the $5
And I said, ‘Welcome to the Republican Party’.”Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
« Previous Entries